Sunday, September 11, 2011

Training Time!

I had my first training for the trip to India earlier today! (I need to remember to bring more snacks next time...) anyway, we ended up receiving a folder of the important information we will need (so helpful!!) which includes information on immunizations, visa applications, how to fund raise and write a support letter, etc. It was SO helpful to have all the information we need in a packet!

We were able to listen to the various categories of what we can help in: drama, worship, speaking, and VBS. We wrote down our top three choices on a note card, and I chose: VBS, speaking, and drama (greatest to least). In VBS, you help come up with ideas of crafts for the children, and prepare them. We will see where God leads; however, we are not limited to just those categories, but the Core team is wanting to see where our gifts are (mine being children!) and help decide where we can be placed in a wider role.

This training was filled with listening to important information to write down, including having to get to LAX (or was it leaving LAX?) at 4 am in the morning... :)

Thank you all so much for your prayers and love during this time of God growing me for a greater and significant purpose for my life--filled with His protection and grace.

In Christ who strengthens,
Rachel

2 comments:

Lilac Bud Gal said...

Wow, sounded like an exciting training day! It was great to hear what you were doing so far. I hope you'll be able to work in the VBS thing. I'm sure you would do wonderfully in that area!

God bless you as you go through all the prepping!

In Christ's Service,
Sarah

Rachel said...

Thank you, Sarah!
I definitely knew that was my top one to choose. :)
Thank you for your prayers!
Love,
Rachel