Thursday, December 8, 2011

Two Weeks Away?!

I can not believe that the missions trip is two weeks away!

We had our last training this past Sunday, and I believe it was the most encouraging and uplifting meeting we have had as a team. At the end, we had a time of prayer and encouragement together, and seemed like something broke in regards to bringing us closer as a family than just a team and meeting every few weeks! The Drama team is going well, and we got to perform for the team--the Lifehouse skit also shown on youtube. We are also doing three skits for the VBS--David and Goliath, Joseph, and the children coming to Jesus.

I do appreciate prayer for me emotionally as it is getting closer and to rest in His control and His love. Thank you all for your prayers; we greatly appreciate them!

2 comments:

Lilac Bud Gal said...

Dear Heavnely Father,
I want to lift up this amazing young woman, God. She has such a heart for You, and I ask that you bring that heart so much joy in this missions trip. I ask that You bless her abundantly during this time and that she will grow even closer to You as she experiences sharing Your love and mercy to those children, Lord.
Keep her safe, give her open arms to all who are hurting. Help her to be a light for You, God. A light set on a hill.
And be with her, Lord, every step of the way, as I know You will. Amen.

I am so excited for you, Rachel! I hope that you will share all about it when you get back. Thank you for keeping us up-to-date on everything during the training sessions and whatnot. :) It has been a joy to read everything you write. I can tell you are excited. :) I am very happy for you, and love you lots!!

Praying for you each day,
Sarah

Lori Heyd said...

I am looking forward to hearing all about it! Glad to touch bases with you, Rachel! Just noticed you are a follower on my blog, how wonderful :-) Lori